Recognition and Awards
- Smt. Vasundhara Raje awarded the ‘Women Together’ Award under the aegis of United Nations for encouraging khadi products and kota doria.
- Rajasthan honoured with International UNESCO Confucius award 2006, an International Literacy Award. Rajasthan is the only state to have been given this award.
- Shipra Path Police station (ISO certified police station) in Jaipur stood first amongst the four best police stations selected globally, according to the Regional Report-Asia of police station Visitors wees. Only police station in the country to have received this award.
- Rajasthan has been polled among the best tourist destination in Asia by TravelAsia.com
- Hanumangarh awarded the ‘Satyen Maitra’ award for 2006 and Chittorgarh in 2007 for remarkable achievement in the field of literacy.
- 41 police stations of the State received ISO certificates.
- “Aarakshi”, the web based software of the police department awarded the model e-governance prize in the 9th National E-Governance Conference.
- ‘Anywhere Registry Project’ bagged medal for Best Practices in citizen-centric delivery during the National E-Governance seminar organized by Govt. of India.
- ‘E-Mitra’ project awarded medal in Feb 2007 for Best Practices in citizen-centric service delivery during the National E-Governance Seminar organized by the Govt. of India.
- Under the ‘Total Sanitation Campaign’, 23 gram panchayats of 9 districts of Rajasthan selected for the first time for “Nirmal Gram Puruskar” for the year 2006.
- Rajasthan held the 1st position in the ‘India Tech Excellency Awards’ in the category of rural and urban infrastructure.
- 1st place in the ‘India Tech Excellency Awards’ for distinct achievements in watershed development works
- The National Productivity Council, New Delhi awarded the Banseli water-shed development works
- Rajasthan recognized as the most popular region of South Asia by the South Asian Tour and Travel Exchange
- Suratgarh Thermal Power Station awarded shield by Govt. of India in March 2007 for outstanding production
- Rajasthan awarded cash prize of Rs. 1 crore by the Govt. of India for successful implementation of the “Rabi Campaign 2004-05”.
- 9th October 2007 CRISIL JNNURM awards, Rajasthan has been declared the best performing state after Orissa in Urban Reforms Initiatives. Ajmer Nagar Palika has won the first prize in the ‘other cities’ category. Raipur, Chattisgarh came second.