Solar Policy in Rajasthan
- Rajasthan is blessed by nature with maximum solar insolation in the country with an estimated potential of 142GW solar capacity and abundant barren land suitable for installation of solar power plants. Government of Rajasthan has also supplemented this with investment friendly policy framework for speedy development of solar Energy sector in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan is the first leading State in India with total commissioned solar capacity of 1177MW.
- For utilisation of the competitive edge of Rajasthan in solar sector provided by nature, Government of Rajasthan has issued a new “Rajasthan Solar Energy Policy, 2014” on 8.10.2014 with a vision of solar capacity addition of 25,000 MW in the State. The Policy provides a conducive frame work to the Prospective Investors in the field of Solar Power Generation and it is expected that the new policy will enable rapid scaling up in establishment of Solar Power plants in the State.
- The key features of the Solar Policy, 2014 are as under:-
- To establish Solar Parks in State Sector, Private Sector and through Public Private Partnership.
- Solar Park of the capacity 500 MW or more to be developed by Joint Venture Companies under Public Private Partnership wherein state Govt will have upto 50% share (including cost of land).
- Fast track process of approval of Mega Solar Power Projects (500 MW or more) by placing them directly before State Level Empowered Committee headed by Chief Secretary.
- The benefits/concession available under Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme (RIPS) shall also be available to the Solar Power Producers.
- Establishment of Solar Parks by the Developers on private land and allotment of Govt. land falling within on such private land or in the vicinity of such land, as per rules.
- Provision of allotment of Govt. land at DLC rate to Solar Power Producers / Developers as per Rajasthan Land Revenue (Allotment of land for setting up of Power Plant based on Renewable Energy Sources) Rules 2007.
- Rajasthan Tenancy Act & Rajasthan Land Revenue Act have been amended to give right to Khatedar to set up solar power plant on his agriculture holding or to sublet it for the purpose of setting up of solar power plants.
- There shall be no requirement for land conversion for setting up solar power plant.
- Final approval of the solar power project of capacity upto 10 MW by State Level Screening Committee headed by Energy Secretary.
- Nomination of State Level Facilitator for all projects of capacity above 20 MW.
- No prior registration required by the companies for participating in bidding process under State or Central Govt. Schemes and only successful bidders shall be required to register with RREC.
- Process of issuing “Consent to Establish” and “Consent to Operate” by the State Pollution Control Board made easy and time bound.
- Net metering scheme to promote power generation through Roof top Solar Power Plants has been issued by RERC.
- Rajasthan Solar Park Development Company Ltd.(RSDCL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Ltd.(RREC) is developing Solar Park at Bhadla in different phases. 7 projects of 75MW have been selected in Phase –I, out of which 4 projects of 35 MW have already been commissioned. Development of Bhadla Phase-II of 680MW capacity is under progress.
- MNRE under its grant scheme has approved “in-principally” 3 Nos. solar parks at Bhadla of 700MW (phase-II) & 1000MW (phase-III) capacity and 1No.solar park in Jaisalmer district of 1000MW capacity have been approved in Rajasthan.
- State Government has signed Joint Venture Agreements / MoUs for development of Solar Parks of 26000MW capacity and setting up of solar power projects of 14000MW capacity. Details of MoUs / JVs are as under:
|S.N||Name of Firm||Capacity (MW)||Purpose||Current Status|
|1||M/s IL& FS Energy Limited.||5000||Development of Solar Parks||JV Company incorporated on dated 07.04.2015 named as SauryaUrja company of Rajasthan Limited.|
|2||M/s EsselInfraprojects Limited.||5000||Development of Solar Parks||JV Company incorporated on dated 27.05.2015 named as EsselSauryaUrja company of Rajasthan Limited.|
|3||M/s Adani Enterprises Limited (AEL).||10000||Development of Solar Park of 10000 MW capacity and Solar Projects of 5000 MW capacity within park||JV Company Formed on dated 17.06.2015 named as Adani Renewable Energy Park Rajasthan Limited..|
|4||M/s Reliance Power Limited (RPOWER).||6000||Development of Solar Park of 6000 MW capacity and Solar Projects of 3000 MW capacity within park||Process of formation of JV not yet initiated by Reliance Power.|
|5||M/s SunEdison India||5000||Setting up of Solar Power Projects||MoU signed on dated 28.10.2014|
|6||M/s Azure Power||1000||Setting up of Solar Power Projects||MoU signed on dated 21.12.2014|
- PGCIL has taken up construction of 3 Nos 765kV GSSs at Chittorgarh, Ajmer &Suratgarh (Bikaner) alongwith765 kV D/C Banaskanta-Chittorgarh-Ajmer-Bikaner-Moga line under Green Energy Corridor-I which was approved in the 32th Standing Committee Meeting of Power System Planning of Northern Region.
- PGCIL in consultation with STU (RVPN) has planned Green Energy Corridor-II to evacuate huge quantum of RE power from western Rajasthan to other parts of the country which includes construction of 765/400kV GSS Bhadla in Jodhpur, Parewar & Fatehgarh in Jaisalmer by and associated transmission lines with condition that Park Developer will apply for Long Term Open Access.
- Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) has issued order on 14.8.2015 to fix the transmission tariff of STU applicable for solar power projects to be commissioned during the period 01.04.2015 to 31.03.2018 or for a capacity of 2000MW, whichever is earlier, at a rate equal to 50% of normal transmission tariff (Rs. Per MW) as applicable to conventional power for a period of 25 Years.
Fairs and Festivals
Interlinking of Rivers
Ease of Doing Business
Solar Policy In Rajasthan
Tourism, Fairs and Festivals
Rajasthan eGovernance and
IT/ITeS Policy 2015
Agro-business and Agri-marketing
Water Conservation and Inter-linking