Chief Minister’s Jan Awas Yojana – 2015
Right to adequate housing is a basic human right as shelter is a basic human need. Provision of adequate housing is emerging as a major thrust area for Union and State Governments. Government of Rajasthan also accords high priority to this task. With increase in cost of land, building materials, labour and infrastructure, positive encouragement to affordable housing has become necessary for the economically weaker and low-income groups. Hence the role and intervention of the State Government becomes important.
To achieve the goal of “Affordable Housing for All” and integrated habitat development it is necessary to ensure equitable supply of land, shelter and services at affordable prices in Rajasthan, with special focus on economically weaker sections, Lower Income Groups and urban poor.
Affordable Housing Policy-2009 was launched in Dec. 2009 but due to certain shortcomings in the implementation of policy, much progress could not be achieved. The new policy has been prepared after review of existing policy and incorporating learnings from the past, feedback from various stakeholders and new policy initiatives by the Government of India. This policy is named as “Chief Minister’s Jan Avas Yojna-2015”.
Goals of Chief Minister’s Jan Awas Yojana:
- To achieve the objective of Affordable Housing for All through creation of EWS/LIG housing stock to fulfill housing shortage in the State.
- To attract private investment for construction of houses for EWS/LIG segment of the society, by giving incentives to the private developers.
- To motivate govt. agencies and private developers to take up construction of Affordable Housing.
- To identify land for affordable housing which can be monetized by inviting private participation on a large scale.
- Processed of construction developers shall be facilitated by fast track approvals.
Various Provisions for Affordable Housing:
The following provisions of Jan Avas Yojana for Low Cost Affordable Housing have been framed, incorporating various incentives for developers & subsidies for beneficiaries by Government of Rajasthan and Government of India. The objective of the policy is to focus on creating housing stock in general and for EWS & LIG categories in particular in the urban areas of Rajasthan:-
Provision – 1A
Mandatory Provisions for Residential Schemes of ULBs/UITs/Development Authorities/RHB and Private Developers – for Private Developers 7.5% FAR is required to be reserved for EWS/LIG houses, For UITs/ Development Authorities/ ULBs 25% of scheme area is to be reserved for EWS/LIG houses and for RHB, 50% of houses would be for EWS/LIG category.
Provision – 1B
Mandatory Provisions for the proposed industrial Areas of RIICO and Private Developers – In Industrial Schemes 5% area would be reserved for EWS/LIG category.
Provision – 2
Development of Affordable Houses by Private Developer on Private Land in Partnership – In a Scheme of minimum 2 hectares minimum 50% area will be used for construction of EWS/LIG units and these will be allotted to eligible EWS/LIG families by the concerned Local Authority. Remaining 50% area may be used for Residential Development. Certain incentives such as waiver of Land conversion/ Land use change of land and Building Plan Approval Charges on 100% Land area along with free FAR up to 2.25.
Provision – 3A
Development of EWS/LIG flats by Private Developer on whole of Private Land (flatted development, Multistory format) – Basic objective of this provision is to create Housing Stock of EWS/LIG segment and to attract Private Developers to construct 100% EWS/LIG category houses on their own Land. Certain incentives of additional height along with waiver of Land conversion/ Land use change of land and Building Plan Approval Charges on 100% Land area along with free FAR up to 2.25.
Provision – 3B
Development of EWS/LIG houses by Private Developer on whole of Private Land (Plotted development with G+3 format) – Since in smaller Towns Multistoried Flats are not acceptable hence the provision of Low rise houses is also given with the objective of creating Housing Stock of EWS/LIG segment and to attract Private Developers to construct 100% EWS/LIG category houses on their own Land. Certain incentives as waiver of Land conversion/ Land use change of land and Building Plan Approval Charges on 100% Land area along with free FAR up to 2.25
Provision–4– Construction of EWS/LIG Houses on Government Land:-
4A – By allotment of Government Land
- 4A (i) Affordable Housing on Government Land by Private Developer in 75:25 ratio (75% land for EWS/LIG and 25% for other categories)on G+3 format.
- 4A(ii) Affordable Housing on Government Land by Private Developer in 75:25 ratio (75% land for EWS/LIG and 25% for other categories) on multistoried format.
Provision 4B – By allotment of Government Land by Bidding –
Construction of EWS/LIG houses on Government land in fixed ratio of 75:25, 60:40 and 50:50 as per size of the city, by auction of developers component of land :-
- 4B (i) Affordable Housing on Government Land by Private Developer in cities with population 3 lacs and above in 75:25 ratio(75% land for EWS/LIG and 25% for other categories).
- 4B(ii) Affordable Housing on Government Land by Private Developer in cities with population above 1 lac up to 3 lacs in 60:40 ratio(60% land for EWS/LIG and 40% for other categories).
- 4B(iii) Affordable Housing on Government Land by Private Developer in cities with population less than 1 lac in 50:50 ratio (50% land for EWS/LIG and 50% for other categories).
Affordable Housing on Government Land above 10 hectares by Private Developer in Joint Development Agreement – minimum 35% of total FAR shall be reserved for EWS/LIG category.
- (i) Income Group: The maximum annual income of EWS/LIG Families should be as follows or as per guidelines issued from time to time by State Government:-
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) – Up to Rs.1,50,000/-
- Lower Income Groups (LIG) – Above Rs.1,50,000/- upto 3,00,000/-
Income certificate to be certified by concerned Employer in case of salaried individual & if the individual is self employed the income certificate to be certified by Tehsildar/Municipal Officers/S.D.O. or any State official authorized by the State Government or self attested income and residence certificate/affidavit duly notarized. Beneficiary identification shall be linked to AADHAR/BHAMASHAH card or any other unique identification to avoid duplication of allotment.
- (ii) Size of EWS/LIG house/Plot :
- For EWS 325-350 sqft super built up area and Plot area 30 – 45 sqmt.
- For LlG 500-550 sqft super built up area and Plot area above 45 sqmt upto 75 sqmt.
- Super Built up area of the flat shall be calculated including area of rooms, kitchen, 50% area of balcony/verandahs, toilet, walls & proportionate common areas.
- (iii) Fast Track approval: The approval of projects under this Policy will be completed within a period of 60 days as follows:-
- Land conversion under 90A of Rajasthan Land Revenue Act shall be completed within 30 days.
- The applicant may submit plans on converted land for approval to Local Authority along with a certificate from empanelled consultants that the submitted layout plan/building plans are as per norms and title is verified as per order issued for 90A.
- After receiving the application as per 4(ii) the Local Authority shall issue provisional approval within three working days.
- (iv) Timeline for Completion of the project
- For EWS/LIG Component of all the provisions shall be as below:-
- up to 200 EWS/LIG units – 30 months
- above 200 upto 400 EWS/LIG units – 36 months
- above 400 upto 600 EWS/LIG units – 42 months
- above 600 EWS/LIG units – 48 months
- If the developer completes construction of EWS/LIG houses within the scheduled period without getting any extension, the developer will get extra incentive of 0.10 FAR (equivalent to 10% of plot area used for EWS/LIG component) without betterment levy in the projects developed under any provision.
- (v) General Sale Price
- For EWS/LIG flats would be Rs. 1200/- per sq.ft. (out of the Sale Price Maintenance fund of Rs 50/- per sq ft charged from beneficiaries shall be deposited in a Corpus Fund to be created for each project. The fund accrued in this account shall be used by RWA for maintenance only). The developer shall maintain the complete housing complex developed under the provisions of this policy for 1 year after the completion of the project thereafter it would be transferred to RWA.
- For EWS plots 25% of reserve price. For LIG plots 60% of reserve price.
- The sale price of EWS/LIG units wherever applicable may be increased by 5% annually in the beginning of financial year.
- (vi) Stamp Duty
- Stamp duty for EWS – 50.00 per flat/ House.
- Stamp duty for LIG – 100.00 per flat/House.
- (vii) Constitution of Committees for monitoring
- A committee headed by Minister, Urban Development and Housing Department shall be constituted for removal of any difficulties, revision of sale price in case of unprecedented increase in the cost of building material (other than the increase prescribed in this policy). in the implementation of this policy. Secretary incharge of Urban Development & Housing Department shall be the Member Secretary.
- A State Level Sanctioning & Monitoring Committee headed by Chief Secretary, Rajasthan has been constituted to monitor and ensure time bound completion of the sanctioned projects. The same Committee will function for Implementation of Housing for All Mission of Government of India.
- (viii) Quality Control-
It shall be compulsory for the private developer to establish quality control laboratory at the site of the project. Third party inspection shall be carried out at the laboratory accredited by NABL, so that the quality of the work may be maintained. The general specifications and amenities to be provided by the developer shall be as prescribed. Third party Quality inspection to be ensured by Nodal Agency/Local Authority.< Back to Rajasthan Reforms main page
IT/ITeS Policy 2015 Agro-business and Agri-marketing Water Conservation and Inter-linking